If you or a family member has been diagnosed with an asbestos –related condition, you may be entitled to compensation if you came into contact with asbestos in your workplace. Even if your employer went out of business a long time ago, it may still be possible to make a claim.
A claim for compensation can be brought against your employer’s insurance company and this can happen many years (even decades) after your exposure to asbestos.
In some circumstances, it may be possible to be make a claim if you came into contact with asbestos indirectly, such as by washing a family member’s work clothes.
Time is of the essence when it comes to making a compensation claim, so if you or a family member has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related condition, you need to seek legal advice as soon as possible.
Choosing a solicitor
Asbestos cases can be complex, so it’s important that you have a solicitor on your side that specialises in asbestos disease compensation claims.
When looking for legal support, it is useful to bear in mind the following checklist:
- Does the solicitor specialise in asbestos claims?
- How many asbestos cases has the solicitor handled successfully in the last three years?
- Is the solicitor a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)?
- Will you have to pay anything to pursue a claim?
- Is the solicitor happy to visit you in the comfort of your own home, if necessary?
We can give you advice about the compensation process and provide information and contact details on law firms and expert solicitors who specialise in asbestos disease claims.
These specialist asbestos disease solicitors are completely independent of SWASAG and will always act in you and your family’s best interests, providing expert, confidential and impartial legal advice and support.
It is entirely up to you who you choose to assist with your claim; however we can put you in touch with asbestos experts who represent asbestos victims every day.
At SWASAG, we insist that solicitors only represent people with asbestos-related conditions (claimants) and not businesses and organisations defending asbestos disease claims.
The asbestos legal experts we recommend provide:
- Home visits on demand anywhere in the UK
- No upfront fees
- Conditional Fee Agreements (No Win No Fee) to give you complete protection against legal fees
- Many years of experience successfully pursuing asbestos disease compensation claims
You do not have to use any of our suggestions and are free to use any solicitor of your choice.