We are SWASAG, the South West Asbestos Support & Awareness Group.
We are an independent, registered charity that is 100% dedicated to helping people living with asbestos-related conditions across the South West of England, including Devon and Cornwall.
Our aim is to provide all the help, practical advice and support you need if you, or someone close to you, has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease.
We understand how overwhelming it can be to find out you have an asbestos-related condition. And we want to help and make a positive difference in you and your families’ lives.
It’s bad enough receiving the news that you have an issue with your health, but to learn that it has been caused by exposure to asbestos can be very distressing.
That’s why we set up SWASAG – to lend a caring, helping hand to you and your loved ones.
Our services include:
- Friendly advice and support when you need it
- Regular monthly support meetings in Plymouth and Truro so you can share your experiences with others (more locations to follow soon)
- Information about the financial help available, including benefits and compensation
- Advice on your legal rights to make a compensation claim
- Information about asbestos-related news and events
- Educating the general public about the dangers of asbestos
Why you should consider a support group
Getting the news that you have a potentially serious condition can be one of the most stressful experiences in your life. That’s why joining a support group can help you cope with the practical and emotional aspects by providing a safe place to share how you feel and the challenges you’re facing. It also gives you the chance to learn from others who are facing similar situations. Your loved ones can also benefit from meeting a supportive network of other families who are in the same boat.